Thursday, March 1, 2012

Husbands and Hangovers

Doesn't that sound like a country song? I think so! A number one country song! haha.

Curtis surprised me yesterday by letting me know that he took the 14th off this month so that we can continue with our plans for an IUI! I was so happy I almost squeezed him to death! So, plans for our IUI continue on and I start my Clomid on Friday. Speaking of Clomid, I had another run in with the intelligent folks at the Walmart Pharmacy yesterday when picking up my script. Ugh. First off, let me tell you that I live in a pretty small town. There's no mall. There's no Target. There's a Walmart, Fry's, two Safeways and that's it. No chain restaurants; just 8 Mexican food restaurants, 1 Italian place, 2 Chinese places, 3 American joints, and fast food (McDonald's, 2 Taco Hell's, 2 Subways, Wendy's, Church's chicken and Dairy Queen). It's a good thing we love tacos!
Anyways, we only have three options for pharmacy's: Wally World, Fry's and a small little mom-and-pop pharmacy downtown. I prefer Walmart cause they seemed cheaper. I'm starting to rethink this. Read all about my first fiasco with trying to get my Clomid prescription here. Now let me tell you about yesterday's chaos.

I called my doctor's office and let them know that I started my period so I needed a new script called in for me. The nurse (not Nurse C) returned my call and said she was helping out Nurse C and called in 100mg's for me. I told her I'm only on 50mg. She responded with, "Well, only take half the dosage." Okay, whatever. Also, for the record, she didn't sound that condescending. And she did wish me good luck before we hung up!
So, we get to Wally World to pick up my pills. Remember, that I called on Monday to see if they had some in stock in order to prevent the last experience from occurring again. The nice little lady told me that they had "20 dosages on the shelf and I don't think they are going to go that fast...". Well, back to yesterday, I wait my turn in line. I get to the counter and give all my information. The lady says, "It's not ready. In fact, it's not even in stock." I felt my blood start to boil as my voice took on an edge that I normally don't use, "I called ON MONDAY to check to see if it was in stock. I was told you had 20 dosages on the shelf. You're telling me that it's ALL GONE and it's only Wednesday?" I was borderline furious. How can this be happening..AGAIN? Another tech speaks up and tells me, "Yea, that was me that you talked to. It's all gone." Oh really..."Well, I find that hard to believe." I guess I scared her, because she went to "go check". Brings me back a box and says, "Here's another one, but the dosage is 50mg. You have a prescription for 100mg." I said, "Yea, and you're holding about 200mg in your hand right now." "But one pill is 50mg.." "No, it says here on the box that for 50mg, you take one pill, by mouth, for 5 days. That's 5 pills, 10mg each." At this point I'm flabbergasted that I am explaining dosage to a PHARMACY TECH. Didn't you have to go to school for this? Isn't that your certification on the wall? Exasperated, she tells me to go to the other window and she's going to work this out.
She starts arguing with another tech that this script is coded wrong AND has to start explaining the whole thing to the pharmacist who responds, "Well, it's not covered by insurance..." DUH! If you look at the records, I paid cash last time. "Well, if she wants to pay cash..." I wanted to SCREAM at this guy! Of course I want to pay cash. I'll pay you in GUM if have to! How do these people who have to go to school and be certified in all the medication in the world, know what it does and what would happen if mixed with another medication, not understand the reason why I am ingesting these pills?? Thankfully I have explained my situation to another tech there, so they got started on my pills right away.
10 minutes later, you want to know how many pills I walked out of there with?? 200mg's of Clomid. What. the. actual. fuck? I'm just baffled at these people. I think it's time I go back to Fry's pharmacy. At least they know how to read apparently.

Oh, and I did exactly what I told everyone I was going to do last night; drank an ENTIRE bottle of Pinot Grigio. Out of a Red Solo Cup to boot! If you thought I had any class before, I just cemented it with that comment. I woke up this morning with cramps from hell, a headache and a queasy stomach...until I ate an english muffin and downed a cup of full-strength coffee. Now, it's lunch time and I'm ready to go!
I also have another post coming of things I can do now that I'm not pregnant. I figure it's a list to get me through each time Aunt Flow returns with a vengeance. Be on the lookout!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! You have me crackin' up! I would have had the exact same reaction! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete