Tuesday, November 13, 2012

First Ultrasound!

To start off, can I blame my lack of blogging on the pregnancy? No? Well, guess who's gonna do it anyways, THIS GIRL
Honestly though, I don't know why it took me so long to type this post. I just kept putting it off for some insane reason. But without further adieu, the ultrasound results:


Some of you should be able to tell by this picture how much our lives are going to change in 7 months. For those who think we're having an owl, have no fear! There will be no feathered friend of Harry Potter coming out of my vagina around July 1st, however there will be TWO BABIES. 

Yup, you read that right, We are pregnant with TWINS! 

As you can see, the twin on the left is a bit bigger than the one on the right, leading us to believe that they are fraternal. They are measuring 6 weeks 4 days & 6 weeks 5 days big at the time of the ultrasound, which changed my due date to June 30th/July 1st, although I'm sure that will change no less than 5 more times before the babies actually get here. 

Um, that's pretty much the update for now. We have another ultrasound with our RE tomorrow at 2:30pm, where we get to see the heartbeats! Then, he said we would be able to graduate on to our OBGYN! 

In the meantime, in between the exciting ultrasounds and other testing stuff I'll talk about, I figured I'd do a weekly update with these pregnancy surveys. Sorry if you find them super annoying, but I know I'll forget something if I try to type it out in a blog format. 

Pregnancy Survey Fun!
How Far Along: 7 weeks 1 day
Weight Gain: 1 pound 
Innie or Outtie: Innie
Maternity Clothes: I bought one pair of maternity jeans and a plus-size sweater from Target.
Stretch Marks: No new ones.  
Sleep: is GLORIOUS and I wish I could get at least two additional naps in a day!
Pregnancy Perk: Husband is being so helpful and doting. 
Embarrassing Pregnant Moment: Grunting while I poop. 
Baby Purchases this week: Haven't started buying for them just yet. 
Best quote regarding baby this week: "You're gonna get so fat!" - My dad, brother and husband. 
Gender: No idea yet!
Movement: None yet
Food Cravings: Nothing that I just "have to have!", but Mexican food is wonderful all the time and Jolly Rancher Crunch'n'Chews are delicious. 
Food Aversions: Nothing that really stands out, just thinking of food makes me feel nauseous, until I eat it. 
Labor Signs: None
How’s Mama? Tired, severely constipated (thanks progesterone supplements), bloated, very sore boobs, and just tired. 
What I am looking forward to:  Seeing the heartbeats tomorrow! 
Our Baby in Veggie/Fruit Terms: My app says a couple of blueberries! 

Milestones: At the risk of sounding cheesy, every week we hit is considered a milestone to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment