Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Good, the bad, and the infamous shot

Yesterday we had our monitoring ultrasound. Curtis was able to come with me, which was awesome because I could finally introduce two of the most important guys in my life, haha, my RE and my husband. Unfortunately, with the appointment being a Saturday, my doctor was extremely busy so we didn't get a whole lot of time to talk, but I'm still glad they got to meet.
Well, the ultrasound itself went ok, but we did receive some disheartening news. It seems as if I am becoming resistant to the Clomid. Once again, I was only on 50mg, but instead of 4 follicles maturing, we only had 1. Dr. A said that he has seen this before, a woman becoming used to the Clomid and having to up the dosage, but it still kinda hit me like a punch in the gut. He said that next month, if we have to start again, to go ahead and take 75 mg. I told him about the Walmart pharmacy fiasco and him, and his nurse, informed that it's pretty normal for Walmart to screw up when filling scripts. Looks like I'm going to be moving back to Fry's, or maybe even the mom and pop pharm downtown, but I'll have to see which one is going to give me the least grief. At this point, money really isn't an object.
Back to the ultrasound, Dr. A gave me another script for a trigger shot, so we went and picked that up while in the big city, as well as did some shopping for our big camping trip next weekend. Here's a shot of the goods:

I'm really looking forward to it! My brother and his fiance and my brother's friend are all coming up and we'll be out there from Friday until Sunday morning, since Curtis has an overtime shift on Monday night. Going out on the boat and camping always helps me relax and I think it's a good distraction while waiting for the two week mark. Plus, I get to use my brand spanking new pole (see it up above). It's pink and I love it! 

Speaking of two week wait, I gave myself the Ovidrel shot today at noon. Which means, Tuesday morning at 12am sharp, I will ovulate. I timed it that way so we would have a bit more workaround for "sexy time". Last month we were kinda rushed, it being cycle day 13 and all, and even though it is sex, waking up earlier than normal and trying to squeeze it in before work (we already get up at 5:45am) is really not "fun". 
Giving myself the shot was not as easy as it was last time, which is probably because Curtis gave it to me then. I'm not sure if I tensed, or if I am just being one big dramatic baby, but I really felt it this time. No me gusta, let me tell you that*. It wasn't so much the needle, it was afterwards, the injection site felt a bit of discomfort. Maybe cause I just pulled it from the fridge, and I didn't warm it up, but I was at my cousin's house and I wanted to be quick about it. I wanted to get back to this cute little face:

This, my good friends, is a 7 week old Dachshund. Isn't he the cutest little thing ever?? I sent this picture to Curtis and he said that I could get one (the lady he came from has some more that are almost ready, but not red like him, they are black/brown), but I'm not sure if I should. Sure I'm feeling mothering and such now, and I want to baby something and cuddle with it, but am I ready to potty and kennel train? Plus, would my two big dogs play nice with one? They are nice to the chihuahua from next door when the little girl comes over to play with my stepson, even though it looks like they are trying to eat him. I guess I'll just wait a couple days and see if I still want to get one...

Oh my gosh, I just realized I never told you guys about my decision with the IUI! Where is my brain at?!? Well, I'm sure you can already tell, but we're not doing an IUI this month. In fact, we are probably not going to take that step until September. We're not prepared to pay for an IUI out of pocket for the next couple rounds, so we're going to take our summer break to save up...if we get that far of course. After my period started, I felt so desperate and heartbroken I thought jumping to an IUI would help me, but instead it made me a bit more stressed. I feel comfortable sticking to this plan for the next couple rounds, before my stepson gets here in June. I just think it's the best idea for us right now. 

Well, I guess this post has gone on quite long enough. I think I covered everything, but if not, I'll be back in the next coming days to discuss the inevitable two week wait we're starting again. As always, send your prayers, thoughts and/or baby dust! 



*Throwing in a little spanglish for you guys. I do live next to the border y'all...

No comments:

Post a Comment