Friday, October 7, 2011

He's not so lazy afterall!

That really only goes for Curtis' sperm. Curtis the man? He is super lazy. I love him to death, but Sloth is definitely his biggest sin. But, we're not here to talk about the man, just the lovely little tadpole Curtis' (I apologize for any physical gagging that just occurred. I'll make it up to you). I got a call from my doctor today, well, actually the call was from one of the nurses my doctor works with. I can't recall ever meeting this woman, and I hate myself for not being able to remember her name, but she sounds like the sweetest old lady ever...besides my Nana. I called the message service that my doctor's office has to retrieve the results of Curtis' sperm analysis. SOLN (sweetest old lady nurse) left the message and said, "The sperm analysis came back with the results that everything is good. SPERM.ANALYSIS.GOOD." Bahahaha! She did the same thing with my HSG test, "Everything looks good. HSG.GOOD." God Bless that woman. I really hope she is the nurse I'll be spending most of my time with. I hope that when I do get pregnant, she is the one to call me and my message will say, "You are pregnant. SEX.GOOD." I think that would be fantastic.


Well, with the results of all tests (still waiting on Ultrasound) coming back "GOOD", minus the blood work and possible PCOS diagnosis, I'm assuming that my doctor will tell me we will start on the plan she gave to us back at our first appointment. I'm dubbing it the infamous Get Lindsay Knocked Up Plan, version A since it's our first plan. Here is what she typed up for us:


Cycle day 1 is first day of bleeding.
Get labs done cycle day 3.
Start clomid/femara cycle day 3. Beware side effects :) <---- I shit you not, there is a smiley face.
Start ovulation predictor kits cycle day 11.
Ovulation should occur 24-36 hours after positive kit.
Start follicle checks with ultrasound in the office cycle day 11.
May need several ultrasounds to follow follicle growth.
May need trigger shot to help ovulation if ovulation predictor kit negative.
Every other day intercourse.
If no menses 14 days after ovulation, check pregnancy test.
Be healthy, take your prenatals, try not to stress!

Ok, 1) I'd like to note that Trebuchet font is niiiiice. I may change to that! 2) you will note the title of my blog at the very end of that list 3)That damn smiley face scares the shit out of me.
I pretty sure that this is course of action the doctor will place us on. I am totally on board for it too! I'm not thrilled about the side effects of the drugs, but I'm excited that it could possibly be this easy (please remind me that I said this, I may need it as I have a big habit of speaking too soon). The 20th cannot come soon enough!


Also, mini-update: We've decided not to buy a house right now as we are going through some more baby mama drama (my other blog) that we may need to bring our lawyer back in to and that's NEVER cheap. We also have to buy a new car and with our credit not being the best, we're having to put a pretty substantial down payment on it. It sucks being a grown up *pout*.


That's all for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment