Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Finally a reason NOT to stress

I've been stalking my benefits website, looking at my claims daily, like it was an old lover's facebook page and they just got engaged when they swore they never would. Whoa...a little off topic there. Sorry.
I've been obsessed with looking at my claims because I didn't pay for my ultrasound up front. I gave them my, "I already have to pay $463.63 for another test right after this and I'm not really prepared to pay $800+ today, please just bill my insurance then bill me. Pretty pretty pleaseeee" sob-story and it worked. I've been terrified that I would have hundreds of dollars to pay them (the ultrasound place) and I wanted to get a jump on the saving up before I got the bill. Well, last night the claims finally came through. I saw the one for my HSG and saw these words: "Paid at visit: 0.00" Uh, I WISH! So I called my insurance. Long story short, I should have only paid $42.06 for the HSG. Not the $463.63. I was due a refund!! I called the fertility place that performed the HSG and told them the fantastic news of CUT ME A CHECK AND MAIL IT TODAY PLEASE AND THANK YOU. The first lady didn't understand so she sent me to the billing manager. She finally explained it to me that I was indeed owed a refund (told you first lady)* because apparently my insurance is covering my testing at 80-stinking-percent. Why?? Who the heck knows! Maybe it's my beauty and my charm...or just the way my doctor's are coding the claims. Either way, I ain't a'complainin'! The nice manager lady then asked me if I wanted them to cut me a check and mail it or if I wanted them to keep it on file for any future work we may have with them. I told them to keep it for now, until I find out more from my doctor on the 20th. Just knowing I have a little cushion is kind of nice, although I'm hoping I won't have to see them for a long time (if ever!).
Looks like I need to go update my other page: How much is that baby in the window?

*Gosh, look at me. Mrs. Maturity.**
**Ha! Poet and I didn't even know it!

2 comments:

  1. I know! I'm super excited...and kind of regretting telling them to hold on to it. I still have my other claims to pay >.<
    Silly me!

    ReplyDelete